BEST DELIS FOR TAKE-OUT IN INCLINE VILLAGE
During this time of the year our staff at Sun Bear Realty and Property Management in Incline Village, NV just loves to head into town to pick up some deli sandwiches to enjoy at our pristine beaches on the edge of the Lake.
Lucky for us, some of the finest delis continue to thrive within a short drive from our vacation rental business in North Lake Tahoe . When we collected our list of favorites, we had to agree that they all have something special to offer. And all offer take-out – so here’s to a great picnic or more … all summer long.
Across from the Hyatt
120 Country Club Drive
Incline Village, NV
Touting “Conscious Food for People and The Planet,” the owners of Mountain High Sandwich Company in Incline Village walk their talk. Everything we have ever ordered is over the top delicious.
And here’s another cool thing about their establishment; they shop local, serve local, and support local farmers. Check this out: It’s a listing of some of their purveyors associated with the Tahoe Food Hub:
- Hillview Farms ~ Cherry Tomato Medley, Carrots
- Towani Organic Farm ~ Chives, Cucumber Medley, Winter Squash Medley
- Super Tuber Farm ~ Green and Red Cabbage, Red Beets, Fingerling and Baby Potato Medley, Carrots
- Foothill Roots Farm ~ Rainbow Chard, Curly Kale, Collard Greens
- Lincoln Hills Farm ~ Winter Squash Medley, Rainbow Bell Peppers
- Riverdog Farm ~ Curly Kale, Butternut Squash, Leeks
- Stone's Throw Farm ~ Cilantro, Baby Kale, Red Beets, Green Onions
- Starbright Acres Family Farm ~ Cilantro, Purple Top Turnip, Jalapeño Peppers
- River Hill Farm ~ Gypsy Sweet Peppers
- Dragon Gourmet Mushrooms ~ Blue Oyster Mushrooms
- Natural Trading Co. ~ Orange Cheddar Orange Cauliflower, Cilantro
- Salle Orchards ~ Rainbow Chard, Dino Kale, Navel Oranges
- Burgeson Family Farm ~ Eureka Lemons
- The Flower Farm ~ Navel Oranges
- Sierra Valley Farms ~ Carrots
- Capay Organic ~ Orange Cheddar Cauliflower
- Josie's Organics ~ Cilantro
- Rok N Horse Oranges ~ Valencia Oranges
- High Desert Farm @ UNR ~ Summer Squash Medley
919 Incline Way, Incline Village, NV
Open Monday through Saturday
We just love these guys. John and his wife have made this an institution in Incline for many years. And during which time, they have established a clientele that any fine establishment would be honored to have; and with good reason. Promoting their quaint environment as a ‘specialty café” and catering company, they say it’s the place to go for freshly made food with a home-made touch – and we fully concur! Every day there is something new on the menu – and every day you can sample pretty much anything that is on the menu.
Their take-out service is also exceptional. You can go online, review the menu, and they will deliver (in Incline Village) your breakfast, snack, or lunch with their iconic personable style.
Be it their fresh quiches, homemade lasagna, wild fish, fresh vege dishes, and desserts – all are made onsite and can be ordered ahead of time or served to you in their colorful and quaint café.
770 Mays Boulevard, Incline Village, NV
This is one of the most convenient spots to pick up a java, smoothie, or an overstuffed sandwich for lunch on the run. Located at Village Market (near the post office), Big Foot Deli has also been around for quite some time which tells you that it’s a local hot spot not to be missed.
For starters, check out their HUGE breakfast burritos. Our favorite is the Kielbasa stuffed with eggs, onions, cheese and salsa. Their breakfast croissants are tasty, too. If you don’t have the stomach for something that significant in the morning, they offer some freshly baked pastries and serve some fine blended coffees.
If you are headed there for lunch, go early. It’s that popular. Their Baja Chicken Tacos, Classic Reuben, and Meatball Sub are always at the top of our list.
If you ever need more local insight about the top places to find take-out food and beverage in Tahoe, never hesitate to connect with our staff at Sun Bear Realty and Property Management in Incline Village and Crystal Bay, NV. We’ve been locally established for over 30 years and promise to send you in the right direction.